The purpose of estate planning is to prepare the transfer of your assets to others upon your death. Without a comprehensive estate plan, a significant part of your retirement assets accumulated over the years through work and investments can be lost or given to unintended beneficiaries – or taxed away by the government in the form of heavy estate taxes and probate costs.In this section you'll learn about wills and probate, trusts, charities, beneficiary designations and estate taxes as you design your personal estate plan.
LAST UPDATED: January 2013
Enter your keyword(s)
- 10 Estate Planning Success Tips
- Advance Directives: "The Living Will" and other issues
- Are Revocable Living Trusts for You? Basic Information
- Asset Protection Trusts: A Basic Overview
- Avoiding Probate With a Living Trust
- Avoiding Probate: A How To Guide
- Estate Executor: Duties and Obligations
- Estate Planning Issues for Non Traditional Families - P1
- Estate Planning Issues for Non Traditional Families - P2
- Estate Planning Issues For Non Traditional Families - P3
- Estate Planning – Get Organized!
- Family Business Estate Tax Reduction
- Get Started with Basic Estate Planning
- Health Care Directives: What You (And Your Loved Ones) Need To Know
- How to Choose an Attorney
- Living Trusts: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Living Wills: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Need To Probate An Estate?
- Options for Avoiding Estate Tax
- Postponing and Avoiding Taxes: Good News for Smart Estate Planning
- Private Charitable Foundations: Get more control over your tax dollars
- Probate Conservatorships - Estate Planning Issues - P1
- Probate Conservatorships - Estate Planning Issues - P2
- Protecting Your Family's Inheritance: Beneficiary-Controlled Trusts
- Questions & Answers Regarding Probate
- Roth IRA Estate Planning Strategies
- The California State Death Tax Laws
- What a Basic Living Trust Should Contain
- What is Probate? How does it work?
- What You Need to Know About Probate
- Why Make A Will?
- Wills and Trusts Defined
My Motto: Safety and Security Always.
Our mission is to help you ensure your retirement is financially secure, free of worry and stress.
401 Greensboro Avenue
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401